~by Randy Bushey
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12).
The full-armored soldier of Christ is vigilantly guarding against a 7-fold strategic attack.
And the Scripture is clear that the evil one’s modus operandi is to oppose the people of God as follows:
1) by accusing God’s people – Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him (Zechariah 3:1).
2) by challenging God’s Word – …a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17); subsequently, the evil one challenged, “If you are the Son of God…throw yourself down (Matthew 4:6).
3) by originating murder and authoring all that is untrue – He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44).
4) by hindering God’s messenger – For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan stopped us (1 Thessalonians 2:18).
5) by obscuring the vision of unbelievers towards the Gospel of Christ – The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (2 Corinthians 4:4).
6) by plotting to trap the righteous – …lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil (1 Timothy 3:7).
7) by holding world systems in his grip – We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one (1 John 5:19).
Takeaway: Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then… (Ephesians 6:13,14a).
~graphic by Bethany Carlson, freeimages.com